The solar water heater typically requires no maintenance. However, a little care and periodical inspection can help the system run longer. The maintenance task is easy, and some issues you can handle on your own. But, the help of a professional is recommended to get this job done.
In this blog, we have given six trouble-free ways on how to maintain solar water heaters. Let us dive in.
1. Prevent shade on the solar collector. It is very common that when you installed the solar water heater was in full sun but with time and due to the growth of the tree, the shading can reduce the productivity of the hot water. Therefore trim the branches so that the system gets maximum sunlight.
2. Dust and dirt can affect the solar water heater’s performance. As the dirt and dust may block the sun rays to reach the solar collector, therefore, clean the collector regularly.
3. Once a year, inspect for cracks in the collector, the pipes and the storage tank. Make sure it is not damaged, and repair it immediately if requires.
4. Do inspect the roof to prevent any water leakage. Also, check the nuts and bolts between the system and the tank for tightness.
5. Scaling reduces the performance of the solar water heater and needs to be checked every 2 years. You can remove scaling by using water softeners or some other mild acidic solutions.
6. To prevent corrosion, the collector needs to be painted after 2-3 years.
Follow these simple hassle-free steps and you can maintain your solar water heater for home if you are already an owner of the system. But, if you are planning to have one for your home, Solostar provides the best quality domestic solar water heater in West Bengal at a much reasonable cost.Read More
A common question that arises, how well solar water heaters will work in winter or rainy seasons in West Bengal? A solar water heater uses the power of the sun to heat the water for various work purposes. Daily, a solar water heater can meet up to more than 60% of your hot water needs reducing the cost of your electric consumption. Here, we will take a close look at the working principle and other guidelines of Solostar’s water heating system.
• What is the working principle of a solar water heater?
A solar water heater is placed outside typically on the roof of the building facing the sun. The role of the solar collector is to collect sunlight and transform the energy to heat the water. A large insulated tank is attached to the heater where the warm water is stored for later use. Inside the tank, there is a specialized pump that helps to circulate the water to be reheated.
• Do Solostar solar water heaters work in winters?
The solar water heating systems use energy i.e. the sunlight to heat water for daily use. During the winter season, there is less sunlight, especially at points where the skies are cloudy or the days are shorter. The solar water heaters are manufactured using high-quality evacuated glass tubes. These are designed to ensure the maximum amount of heat absorption. It will reduce heat loss making itself perfect for extreme cold conditions.
• Do Solostar solar water heaters work in rainy seasons?
Solostar solar water heaters are 100% waterproof, meaning it will work perfectly even in the rainy seasons. You will be surprised at how less sunlight you need to get your water to heat up. The solar water heating devices are extremely efficient and provide you uninterrupted hot water even at a decent temperature.
Switching to a Solostar solar water heating solution will help to reduce the electric bill. Besides, there is a provision of subsidy for the installation of a solar water heating device and the amount varies from state to state. Though, the installation of a solar water heater is quite economical without subsidy. Taking advantage of Mother Earth’s natural resources is a great way to not only save money but to make eco-friendly decisions, as well.
Solostar by Penguin Tank provides the best solar water heater for home in West Bengal. So, if you are searching for an eco-friendly way to generate hot water for this winter, Solostar water heaters may be for you.Read More
No matter how much you try to save your electricity bill by utilizing minimum electric appliances, it is almost the same amount you pay at the end of the month. Hot water is a basic necessity in everyday households. Therefore, a solar water heater can be the perfect choice compared to any other traditional heating appliances. Any traditional heating appliance requires energy to operate whereas a solar water heater provides hot water without any electric or fuel consumption.
A solar water heater is a heating appliance that draws direct energy from the sun to heat the water. This system is installed in an open area where it gets enough sunlight throughout the day time. The domestic solar water heater is installed with an insulated storage tank where the hot water is reserved for later usage.
Here are some solid advantages of the solar water heating system compared to traditional heating appliances.
Negligible operating cost
A solar water heating system utilizes the alternative source of energy i.e. sunlight to warm up the water. Unlike traditional heating appliances, it is free of cost, and you do not have to take any more tension about paying a huge amount of electricity bill. A solar water heating appliance can provide hot water even on the cloudy day.
No added space
A solar water heating device does not require any added space for installation. You do not have to manage separate space, unlike the traditional electric-based water heaters. Open rooftop is enough for the domestic solar water heating system to provide warm water throughout the day.
The most important plus point of a solar water heater is that it is eco-friendly. This device does not emit any harmful gas while heating the water that keeps the environment clean and healthy.
Negligible maintenance cost
Unlike traditional heating appliances, a solar water heater does not require much maintenance. While using any traditional heating device, there may arise a need to repair or replace it after some years. On the other hand, a solar water heater requires less or no maintenance comparing to the traditional ones.
A solar water heater is reliable, cheap and efficient. Installation with proper planning can help homeowners to pay fewer electricity costs. Here, you can consider Solostar to help you to install solar water heaters according to need. Solostar provides the best solar water heating system for home, helping you to save money and a little contribution to keep the environment healthy.Read More
Nowadays, the government is encouraging the use of solar water heater instead of the conventional heaters because of numerous reasons, one of which is certainly the environment issue. The government is trying every bit to save the environment from global warming and make our Mother Earth Clean and Green. Many industries are working in collaboration with the government to minimize cost and increase productivity without deteriorating the environment. Let us understand the contribution of Industrial Solar Water here.
Why choose a solar water heater?
A solar water heater is an eco-friendly option that provides hot water with the help of free and renewable resource i.e. the sun. With the absorption of direct sunlight the water is being heated and stored in the insulated tank for various future uses.
When it comes to the industrial use of solar water heaters, it can be used in several ways, such as heating, boiling, steaming, washing and so on. The industrial solar water heater also helps in the reduction of pollution and electric consumption, hence proving itself the best option.
What are the benefits of a solar water heater for industries?
- The most important factor which is easily recognizable is the reduction in electric consumption.
- It reduces the carbon footprints, and therefore it is environment-friendly.
- It is absolutely risk-free, safe to use and requires almost no maintenance.
- It is highly durable and can last up to fifteen years.
- You are already doing your part to save the environment by reducing pollution and preventing further damage.
- It is the most efficient and reliable option of water heating solutions for getting several industrial jobs done.
- There are many incentive schemes the Government is providing for industrial solar heater usage.
- Industries use a huge amount of energy which results in the scarcity of resources. Therefore, it helps to prevent the depletion of natural resources.
With the advancement in technology, both the industries and its products are increasing in number with each passing day. Nowadays, industrialists are preferring to use renewable resources to increase profit without spending much. Therefore, the solar water heater is best because it is cost-effective and saves the environment.
Solostar is the best solar water heater in West Bengal for domestic, commercial and industrial uses. Therefore, if you are looking for the best industrial solar water heating system, choose Solostar without any doubt.Read More