The solar water heater typically requires no maintenance. However, a little care and periodical inspection can help the system run longer. The maintenance task is easy, and some issues you can handle on your own. But, the help of a professional is recommended to get this job done.
In this blog, we have given six trouble-free ways on how to maintain solar water heaters. Let us dive in.
1. Prevent shade on the solar collector. It is very common that when you installed the solar water heater was in full sun but with time and due to the growth of the tree, the shading can reduce the productivity of the hot water. Therefore trim the branches so that the system gets maximum sunlight.
2. Dust and dirt can affect the solar water heater’s performance. As the dirt and dust may block the sun rays to reach the solar collector, therefore, clean the collector regularly.
3. Once a year, inspect for cracks in the collector, the pipes and the storage tank. Make sure it is not damaged, and repair it immediately if requires.
4. Do inspect the roof to prevent any water leakage. Also, check the nuts and bolts between the system and the tank for tightness.
5. Scaling reduces the performance of the solar water heater and needs to be checked every 2 years. You can remove scaling by using water softeners or some other mild acidic solutions.
6. To prevent corrosion, the collector needs to be painted after 2-3 years.
Follow these simple hassle-free steps and you can maintain your solar water heater for home if you are already an owner of the system. But, if you are planning to have one for your home, Solostar provides the best quality domestic solar water heater in West Bengal at a much reasonable cost.Read More