Often people think that buying and installing a solar water heater is a huge investment, and hence they step backward. Many people have questions in their mind, about the benefits, the working principle and how a solar water heater can help them in savings.
Whenever we think of solar energy, the very first thing that comes in our mind is that it is free and reusable. A solar water heater converts the energy of the sun to heat water which is free of cost for domestic, industrial or commercial purposes. In this blog, we have provided answers to some of the frequently asked questions/ some interesting facts about the solar water heater.
Let us begin.
How do a solar water heating system work?
A solar water heater uses solar collectors to absorb the solar energy from the sun to heat the water which is stored in the storage tank. The system is generally installed on the roof.
How much can you save with a solar water heater?
Installing a solar water heater can help you save a huge amount of money depending upon the property. For example, if you are installing a domestic solar water heater, you can typically save more than 60% of your consumption bill. However, the amount may vary depending upon the usage.
What is the service life of a solar water heating system?
Mostly, solar water heaters have a life expectancy of 15- 20 years. However, a little care can help in the high productivity of the system.
Will solar water heater increase home value?
Many studies have proven that installing a solar water heating system increases home value. Nowadays, property buyers search for energy-efficient features and are one of their top priorities.
What are the common benefits of a solar water heating system?
- Low maintenance: A solar water heater hardly needs any maintenance.
- No carbon footprints: Solar water heaters help to reduce carbon footprint because the system does not emit any harmful gas.
- 24* 7 supply: No matter what is the condition of the weather, a solar water heating system can produce hot water 24*7, throughout the year.
How to find a solar water heater supplier?
If you are planning to get a solar water heater, detailed research is worthwhile. Before purchasing one, know the company well and their product, consider your budget and consult with them as well.
If you find it difficult, then you can choose the easy path. You can consider Solostar to help you solve your issues and help you install the solar water heater in your property. They provide the best solar water heating system in West Bengal. Get in touch with Solostar for further information.Read More
The solar water heater typically requires no maintenance. However, a little care and periodical inspection can help the system run longer. The maintenance task is easy, and some issues you can handle on your own. But, the help of a professional is recommended to get this job done.
In this blog, we have given six trouble-free ways on how to maintain solar water heaters. Let us dive in.
1. Prevent shade on the solar collector. It is very common that when you installed the solar water heater was in full sun but with time and due to the growth of the tree, the shading can reduce the productivity of the hot water. Therefore trim the branches so that the system gets maximum sunlight.
2. Dust and dirt can affect the solar water heater’s performance. As the dirt and dust may block the sun rays to reach the solar collector, therefore, clean the collector regularly.
3. Once a year, inspect for cracks in the collector, the pipes and the storage tank. Make sure it is not damaged, and repair it immediately if requires.
4. Do inspect the roof to prevent any water leakage. Also, check the nuts and bolts between the system and the tank for tightness.
5. Scaling reduces the performance of the solar water heater and needs to be checked every 2 years. You can remove scaling by using water softeners or some other mild acidic solutions.
6. To prevent corrosion, the collector needs to be painted after 2-3 years.
Follow these simple hassle-free steps and you can maintain your solar water heater for home if you are already an owner of the system. But, if you are planning to have one for your home, Solostar provides the best quality domestic solar water heater in West Bengal at a much reasonable cost.Read More
Nowadays, people of Northeast of India are opting for solar water heaters leaving behind the conventional heating appliances. Solar water heaters have many benefits both for each individual and for the society in general. Before knowing the benefits, let us know what is a solar water heating system and how it works.
A solar water heating system utilizes sunlight to warm up the water for household chores.
The solar water heating system first uses the solar collector to capture the sunlight in the form of heat. The cold water from the tank is made flow through the collector. The heat exchanger helps to transfer its heat to the water. The hot water is stored in the insulated tank for later household activities.
Below are some of the benefits of a solar water heater for the home in Northeast India.
- Solar water heaters are easy to install and are safe for homes. They are generally installed in an open area for the absorption of solar energy. No added space is required to install the system.
- For the homeowners, a solar water heater can help to reduce electric consumption dramatically as they use the direct sunlight to heat the water for domestic activities.
- The solar water heaters can produce uninterrupted hot water throughout the year even on cloudy days.
- The operating and maintenance cost is almost negligible, hence it is a one-time investment.
- They are built with a long life expectancy and are of high quality. They can last up to 15 years if properly taken care of.
- It is pollution-free and helps to reduce carbon footprint which is beneficial for the environment.
Solar water heating systems are effective even in cold or bad weather conditions. Hence, it is perfectly suitable for the regions like Mizoram, Manipur, and other cold regions of Assam as well as Sikkim. Because the weather of these regions fluctuate throughout the year. Solar water heating devices are manufactured using high quality evacuated glass tubes. This ensures the maximum absorption of solar energy with a negligible drop in the hot water temperature even in bad weather conditions.
So, it makes great sense to prepare now by installing solar water heaters for your home. This can be the perfect investment for long term benefits. The Solostar provides the best domestic solar water heaters which are perfect for winter at a much reasonable cost.Read More
A common question that arises, how well solar water heaters will work in winter or rainy seasons in West Bengal? A solar water heater uses the power of the sun to heat the water for various work purposes. Daily, a solar water heater can meet up to more than 60% of your hot water needs reducing the cost of your electric consumption. Here, we will take a close look at the working principle and other guidelines of Solostar’s water heating system.
• What is the working principle of a solar water heater?
A solar water heater is placed outside typically on the roof of the building facing the sun. The role of the solar collector is to collect sunlight and transform the energy to heat the water. A large insulated tank is attached to the heater where the warm water is stored for later use. Inside the tank, there is a specialized pump that helps to circulate the water to be reheated.
• Do Solostar solar water heaters work in winters?
The solar water heating systems use energy i.e. the sunlight to heat water for daily use. During the winter season, there is less sunlight, especially at points where the skies are cloudy or the days are shorter. The solar water heaters are manufactured using high-quality evacuated glass tubes. These are designed to ensure the maximum amount of heat absorption. It will reduce heat loss making itself perfect for extreme cold conditions.
• Do Solostar solar water heaters work in rainy seasons?
Solostar solar water heaters are 100% waterproof, meaning it will work perfectly even in the rainy seasons. You will be surprised at how less sunlight you need to get your water to heat up. The solar water heating devices are extremely efficient and provide you uninterrupted hot water even at a decent temperature.
Switching to a Solostar solar water heating solution will help to reduce the electric bill. Besides, there is a provision of subsidy for the installation of a solar water heating device and the amount varies from state to state. Though, the installation of a solar water heater is quite economical without subsidy. Taking advantage of Mother Earth’s natural resources is a great way to not only save money but to make eco-friendly decisions, as well.
Solostar by Penguin Tank provides the best solar water heater for home in West Bengal. So, if you are searching for an eco-friendly way to generate hot water for this winter, Solostar water heaters may be for you.Read More
We are blessed with an abundance of solar energy free of cost. The best part about installing a solar water heating system for home is that it is an environment-friendly and cost-effective option.
What is a Solar water heater?
A solar water heater is a high-efficiency appliance to draw power directly from the sun for daily use. The heater is placed in the open area of your terrace where it gets adequate sunlight throughout the day.
How does it work?
- Direct sunlight is collected in the collectors and the sun’s thermal energy heats the fluid in the solar collectors
- The fluid is made to pass through a heat exchanger in the insulated storage tank that transfers the heat to the water.
- You get a 24*7 supply of hot water.
What are its environmental benefits?
The basic purpose of installing the solar water heater is to provide hot water with the use of renewable energy i.e. the sun. Solar appliances do not harm the environment and also do not affect the health of the people. That is why, today, people like to prefer solar appliances for their homes.
The solar water heater systems are beneficial in many ways, whether it is environmental, financial or socio-economical. The solar water heaters do not emit any harmful gas, unlike the other fossil fuels which produce a large amount of carbon dioxide harming the breathing layer of the environment.
Due to the direct heating process, solar water heaters do not require electricity to generate hot water. Hence they have the potentiality to reduce the emission of carbon footprints.
Here are some more environmental benefits of a solar water heater.
- Renewable energy is used to generate hot water.
- It helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- It is effective at even low temperatures.
- No added roof space is needed for installation.
- An easy and economical installation process, unlike others.
- It may last up to 15 years if properly taken care of.
Most modern appliances run on gas or electricity which is the most expensive way to heat water. Instead of using gas or electricity to heat water, we can try and save energy and money by installing the best solar water heaters in West Bengal.
Solostar provides the best solar water heating solutions in West Bengal for domestic, commercial and industrial purposes at a much reasonable cost.Read More
No matter how much you try to save your electricity bill by utilizing minimum electric appliances, it is almost the same amount you pay at the end of the month. Hot water is a basic necessity in everyday households. Therefore, a solar water heater can be the perfect choice compared to any other traditional heating appliances. Any traditional heating appliance requires energy to operate whereas a solar water heater provides hot water without any electric or fuel consumption.
A solar water heater is a heating appliance that draws direct energy from the sun to heat the water. This system is installed in an open area where it gets enough sunlight throughout the day time. The domestic solar water heater is installed with an insulated storage tank where the hot water is reserved for later usage.
Here are some solid advantages of the solar water heating system compared to traditional heating appliances.
Negligible operating cost
A solar water heating system utilizes the alternative source of energy i.e. sunlight to warm up the water. Unlike traditional heating appliances, it is free of cost, and you do not have to take any more tension about paying a huge amount of electricity bill. A solar water heating appliance can provide hot water even on the cloudy day.
No added space
A solar water heating device does not require any added space for installation. You do not have to manage separate space, unlike the traditional electric-based water heaters. Open rooftop is enough for the domestic solar water heating system to provide warm water throughout the day.
The most important plus point of a solar water heater is that it is eco-friendly. This device does not emit any harmful gas while heating the water that keeps the environment clean and healthy.
Negligible maintenance cost
Unlike traditional heating appliances, a solar water heater does not require much maintenance. While using any traditional heating device, there may arise a need to repair or replace it after some years. On the other hand, a solar water heater requires less or no maintenance comparing to the traditional ones.
A solar water heater is reliable, cheap and efficient. Installation with proper planning can help homeowners to pay fewer electricity costs. Here, you can consider Solostar to help you to install solar water heaters according to need. Solostar provides the best solar water heating system for home, helping you to save money and a little contribution to keep the environment healthy.Read More
Nowadays, the government is encouraging the use of solar water heater instead of the conventional heaters because of numerous reasons, one of which is certainly the environment issue. The government is trying every bit to save the environment from global warming and make our Mother Earth Clean and Green. Many industries are working in collaboration with the government to minimize cost and increase productivity without deteriorating the environment. Let us understand the contribution of Industrial Solar Water here.
Why choose a solar water heater?
A solar water heater is an eco-friendly option that provides hot water with the help of free and renewable resource i.e. the sun. With the absorption of direct sunlight the water is being heated and stored in the insulated tank for various future uses.
When it comes to the industrial use of solar water heaters, it can be used in several ways, such as heating, boiling, steaming, washing and so on. The industrial solar water heater also helps in the reduction of pollution and electric consumption, hence proving itself the best option.
What are the benefits of a solar water heater for industries?
- The most important factor which is easily recognizable is the reduction in electric consumption.
- It reduces the carbon footprints, and therefore it is environment-friendly.
- It is absolutely risk-free, safe to use and requires almost no maintenance.
- It is highly durable and can last up to fifteen years.
- You are already doing your part to save the environment by reducing pollution and preventing further damage.
- It is the most efficient and reliable option of water heating solutions for getting several industrial jobs done.
- There are many incentive schemes the Government is providing for industrial solar heater usage.
- Industries use a huge amount of energy which results in the scarcity of resources. Therefore, it helps to prevent the depletion of natural resources.
With the advancement in technology, both the industries and its products are increasing in number with each passing day. Nowadays, industrialists are preferring to use renewable resources to increase profit without spending much. Therefore, the solar water heater is best because it is cost-effective and saves the environment.
Solostar is the best solar water heater in West Bengal for domestic, commercial and industrial uses. Therefore, if you are looking for the best industrial solar water heating system, choose Solostar without any doubt.Read More